[Loch-Ruadh] Padraig's Wake

Tim Cantley yukon505 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 19 17:39:36 PST 2003

Thank you Dohmnall and thank you all for hopefully understanding my
situation.

It was with GREAT reluctance that I contacted Padraig concerning the wake.
As I stated to him, my work has become very hectic and there seems to be no
end in sight.  It's good to have a job right now, but due to consolidations
within my company, which I imagine many corporations are also experiencing,
we're being asked to do more with less people.  If this technology market
ever turns around to where corporations can start hiring more people, maybe
this will all change.  It also appears, I chose to become proficient in one
market that appears to be a major focus with my company and my talents seem
to be in great demand...EVERYWHERE!!!!  As I told Padraig, I've been doing a
bit of traveling lately.  Four weeks ago tomorrow, I flew to Atlanta, Ga.
for an overnighter. Two weeks ago tonight, I flew to Columbus, Oh. for three
days, then returning that Friday night in time to leave two days later for
Las Vegas, Nv for four days of company meetings returning a week ago
tonight.  Last weekend was the first weekend, in over a month that I wasn't
working or flying in or out of Dallas.  And that was only because the
customer I was originally scheduled to be working at last Saturday night
cancelled at the last moment.  I was so disappointed, I stayed home the
whole weekend and felt sorry for myself....NOT!!!!!!!!  But I did get some
needed rest :)

I still hope to see all of you at Gulf War.  I've been told my vacation time
has been approved for that week but I've known my company to cancel
vacations due to company needs so who knows.  Same goes for any other SCA
event or happening such has Springfaire, The Wake, populous meetings, etc.
so I'll take them as I can get them.  Thus I felt a need to let someone else
take the ball with autocrating the Wake that could commit the time for
getting it setup and can pretty much guarantee to be there.  Thank you again
Dohmnall, you da man :)

I miss you guys and hope to see you soon.

Sean

PS Daniel of Axemoor, based on what you've read above, please understand I
will try my best to be of assistance at Gulf War with archery and help
around the campsite, that is assuming I make it, but please understand I may
be so wore out when I get there, I may need a day or so just to recoup.  A
thought, maybe I'm not getting busier at work, maybe I'm just getting
old...sigh.