[Loch-Ruadh] Re: 12th Night

Gerald Lewis glewis01 at charter.net
Sun Jan 5 03:03:02 PST 2003

I figured it was a blast.  I was just so tired after shopping saturday
morning.  Next time I will just ask on the list if anyone is going that can
give me a ride.

Well the doctors or should I say my current doctor finally found out what is
wrong with me.  I have been complaining about being tired most of my life I
can remember as far back as highschool.  I just figured it was partying.
Then early adult life I became a mom early and figured it was being a mom.
The doctors have been pushing pills on me for years.

About a week before Christmas I finally got nasty and I got results.  There
is no reason someone my age should be this tired unless they have something
wrong with them.  My kids are great kids, they for the most part are
obedient.  I cannot even keep up with them.  I cannot keep up with my house.
It exhausts me to grocery shop and do any other task or even fun stuff in
the same day.  I have gotten so F* tired of being told I am depressed.  I am
not a depressive type anyone that knows me well will get to see that.
Bitchy yes... Reactive... Yes.  Depressive... NO!

So they ordered a sleep study and I have found out I have sleep apnea.  That
is when you stop breathing in your sleep and you wake up repeatedly to start
breathing again.  So you could be in bed for 8 hours and only sleep 2 of
those hours.  Now I am just waiting for the appointment with the ENT and
then another sleep study to get fitted for a CPAP machine.  I cannot wait.
I am gonna feel a bit like Hannibal Lector with that mask on, but if I am
able to sleep through the night without any problems it should be worth it.
The funny thing is that my mom tells me my father has it and two of my
cousins and an aunt have it.  Why nobody figured out to let me know this
information or how serious the condition can be, well who knows why.  So my
mother tells me, "Oh my you should see your fathers mask its awful he looks
like Hannibal Lector."  Then I reply,"Well thanks mom now I want you to
never say that again since I have to wear one too."  Goofy woman.

It is in my hopes for the coming year that I will be able to keep up with
you folks!  I hope to have more energy.  I have spoken to others with apnea
and they all tell me that once you get your breathing machine you will be
amazed at the changes.  One guy gets by on 5 hours of sleep a night, he
figures he got by on only 2 hours a night for 20 years so 5 is wonderful.

Thanks for listening uhm reading,
Suzanne