[Loch-Ruadh] Kragenworth illumination

HRAFNASDOT at aol.com HRAFNASDOT at aol.com
Tue Jan 7 18:09:22 PST 2003

In a message dated 1/7/2003 2:07:01 PM Eastern Standard Time, elyssiaxvx at hotmail.com writes:

>  Oh! And another thing, does anyone know where to get good yet cheap
> acryllic paints? I'm doing illuminations for the "Bards of
> Kragenworth Keep
> Book" and I have no idea where to go for supplies.

If you can make one of our illumination nights, we can help you.  If not, I can loan you a set of guache in basic colors which can get you started.  Gauche, watercolor, pan watercolors, you can get these fairly inexpensively at Michael's, MJ's (check their going outabusiness sale), Hobby Lobby, Aesel's Art Supply.  You can get generic guache for about $1 or so a tube, sets for under $15 or so - starter sets should get you going with not much expense.

If you are going to populace, we can talk more.  If not and one of your household wants to, I can give them a loaner set for you to try.

Acrylic paints are what everyone's first exposure is, but it has some nasty habits that you won't have to deal with if you use guache or pan colors. One is it turns plastic on the page and if the page buckles it flakes.

Good luck

Asa