[Loch-Ruadh] Gathering Gulf War XII kitchen helpers

Donna Wallis mama_mac at airmail.net
Thu Jan 23 16:13:47 PST 2003

I will help with Thursday dinner prep.
I can bring about 150 styrofoam bowls.

Dana
Loch Ruadh REALLY  ROCKS!!!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Elizabeth Hawkwood" <rbnew5 at netscape.net>
To: <loch-ruadh at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 5:44 PM
Subject: [Loch-Ruadh] Gathering Gulf War XII kitchen helpers

Greetings!

If you have volunteered to help in kitchen for GULF WAR XII, please send
me your email address and telephone number.

In the meantime, the following slots need to be filled:
Thursday dinner (prep)
Children's menu for Friday night
Children's menu for Tuesday night
Saturday (all day) warm up the left overs (or be creative)

Schedule and Menu so far:
Tuesday dinner: Spicy Cajun Seafood Gumbo!
(Daniel and Elaine)
Children menu: spaghetti w/meat sauce
(Medb ??)
Wednesday Feast*: Pot Roast w/potatoes, carrots, onions,
green beans, Elaine's special bean salad
and pea salad, banana pudding, bread/butter
iced tea.
(Elizabeth and Fiona)
Thursday dinner: Pork loin medalions (man-size!), mashed
potatoes w/gravy, green onions, whole kernel
corn, chocolate pudding.
(Sybil and Sarah ??)
Friday dinner: Mesquite-grilled Rib Eye steaks**, baked
potatoes with ALL the trimmings, salad with
your choice of several dressings, dessert.
(Caera)
Children menu: Hot dogs with all the trimmings
( ?? )
Saturday day: Left overs will be served all day, since this
is a "pack up the kitchen" day.
(Connie ??)

*  This is the night we serve the Barony of Axemore. All cooks,
    helpers, and clean-up crew members need to be on alert. It's
    SHOWTIME!!
** Steaks are being provided to adults only by the Barony of Axemore.
    Everyone is encouraged to bring and armload of firewood for bardic
    fires; I will supply the mesquite for grilling.

Also, if you would like to volunteer to bring items that will be needed
in the kitchen, please consider the following list and email me with
what you can bring:
5 rolls paper towels styrofoam plates
aluminum foil styrofoam bowls
plastic wrap 3 aluminum disposable pans
paper napkins                2"-3" deep for pudding & meats
large trash bags        3 aluminum disposable pans
gal of bleach                15"x15"x6" to serve vegs.

//Lady Elizabeth Hawkwood
Kitchen Madonna, House Mac Encampment, Gulf War XII

PS - there will be onion-free meals for Daire.  The menu will
      also be diabetic friendly. Please alert me ASAP if there
      are any of you with other food alergies or special needs.
      Coffee will be available in the kitchen each morning.