[Loch-Ruadh] Taking Offense (was: a pretty old blonde joke)

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Thu Jan 30 19:02:44 PST 2003

One day as Confusius was walking and speaking with his students, a man walked up and hurled a vile insult at the old teacher.  Confusius paused and looked at the man, his peace not at all disturbed.
     "Well, old man, aren't you going to defend yourself?" asked the man.
     "Tell me," replied Confusius, "if one offers a gift, and the receiver refuses it, to whom does it belong?"
     "Why, to the giver," said the man, baffled at this response.
     "And neither do I accept your insult; you may keep it for yourself," said the old teacher calmly, and went on his way.

Padraig