[Loch-Ruadh] GulfWar XII Encampment

Stefen and Rhonda Hays housedragonstar at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 5 09:47:05 PST 2003

honor boards are heater shaped shields cut from an 8 inch by 10 inch piece
of thin plywood and painted with your arms.  You put your name and the
blazon of your device on the back.

They are used mostly at Crown and now at the ever popular Pas D'Armes.

They are cheap, easy to make, light and pack up real easy.  When displayed,
they pack alot of punch for a very small amount of space.

I made a banner with my arms before they passed with a few "mistakes" on it
to keep from jinxing submission.  Since then, I have not make a new one.  I
use my honor board.  Painting an 8x10" is easier than sewing a huge new
banner.

Displaying of arms traditionally means that a person is in residence or
present at the event.

oh, and BTW, Commander, I won't be making the war practice today, Daire is
heading out soon.

medb liath