[Loch-Ruadh] Fabric District Trip

Chris Harper bice.pietro at charter.net
Wed Jan 22 21:43:29 PST 2003

At 10:46 PM 1/22/2003 +0000, Steve Rourke wrote:

>Gulf War is soon approaching, and as those who have attended can attest warm
>garb can be very helpful and needed, so this would be a great opportunity to
>acquire more fabric for that, as well as light weight cloth for the
>spring/summer event season that is also approaching.

Since I am not going, I have pretty much stayed out of these discussions.
But I feel someone needs to say this and no one else is so here goes.

I would remind you that warm is nice but do it in layers because it can get
very unseasonably hot (in the 80's) at Gulf War.  We were wearing only one
layer and it very thin cotton one year and dying.  At that temperature the
humidity is deadly; to me anyway.  Of course the next year was when they
set a record for being cold (in the mid teens).  We were wrapped in everything
we could find that year.  The only time I was really warm was when I was in
bed with my down comforter.

You have a wealth of information at hand and if you ask her I am sure she would
share her knowledge.  Of course I am speaking of Baroness Dana.  Without her
I would have been totally lost at war.  I didn't know what to take, what to
do or
where to do it.

Just a few things I felt the new people needed to know.

Bicé