[Loch-Ruadh] Just so's ya know

Sluggy! slugmusk at linuxlegend.com
Fri Jan 24 07:07:02 PST 2003

Donna Wallis wrote:

> I hope that was said with joy and anticipation!!

Any such change is an upheaval, but generally, this is considered a good
move.

Short version of the long story:

I was making pretty ok money with ADT for doing what was really not very
hard work. It was not particularly challenging, but I had a lot of free
time and it was rare that I didn't leave around 5:00. Shortly after the
new year, I dodged a layoff by taking a 28% cut in pay, which amounted
to about $1200 a month. Ouch. I immediately contacted a buddy I've
worked with before who had just been hired on permanently. Sure enough,
they needed me, so I start on Wednesday.

Morrison Supply has about 45 branches networked together. I will be
doing a lot of stuff with that, but one of my primary duties will be
getting long distance telephone calls going over the network instead of
through long distance companies. Especially for the first month, I will
probably have a lot of late nights and a several days on the road
installing new servers, but March slows down for a company wide
inventory, so if I can get time off, Gulf Wars should be doable :) Then
we get busy again in April doing all the voice stuff.

Gotta go do some last day stuff; see ya later!

Sluggy!