[Loch-Ruadh] Re: [Elfsea] Questions for Candidates

Ameline Dubois ameline at generich.com
Tue Jul 15 22:30:21 PDT 2003

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Chris Norman
  To: Barony of Elfsea
  Sent: Monday, July 14, 2003 9:11 PM
  Subject: RE: [Elfsea] Questions for Candidates

  After sitting back and observing listening and reading the questions and answers posted on the list I decided to post several of my own. The following questions need to be thought about but not necessarily answered in a public forum so feel free to answer privately if you wish.

  1. Have the Candidates read Corpora and Kingdom law

  I must say I have stumped my toe on Armand's copy of law.Then I picked it up and skimmed most of it.

  2. Have the Candidates read the sections in Corpora and Kingdom law

  regarding the responsibilities of Landed?

   This part I did read and feel I can comply to it's standards

  3. What are your short and long term goals in the SCA?

   This is a weird one for me... my life is not goal oriented.This may be hard for some to believe and it is hard to explain I look at 60 day away I can plan on that scale. More than that is hard to put in my mind. When I was a teen I had a cancer scare and I came out with a feeling that life is a gift to use for experience and truth,but most of all fun.< I know that sound hokey but it is how I feel> and too much worry and stress on goals is not fun to me there for,not important to me.I choose to live my life trying to "live life" in a way that I can look back and be happy at the way I treated others and the way I treated myself.

  4. How will being B&B affect your goals?

   In my SCA life I truly have no goals this is a problem for some not me.

  5. How will your Goals affect your job as B&B?

   As a Baroness I can work to a barony's goal < I see the need for a group to have a goal>.Point me to a job and tell me to help people finish it that I can do.

  6. To those candidates who have children, how do your kids feel about you

  putting in for the hats? (this affects them to)

   This is something we have talked to Austin 10 and Alex 7,they said it could be cool.We will need to juggle some things and that is ok with them.

  7. How do you define the roll and responsibilities of the Baron and Baroness

  of Elfsea?

   Wow, That is a big question there are so many hats the B&B need to wear.I can not list them.I can tell you I would strive to do my best to evaluate how my actions will affect the populace in dress action and manner,and to choose for Elfsea before myself when ever possible.This is what I would want from the next B&B.

  8. Why to you want to be my Baron and Baroness?

    I feel it is a way I can grow as a person and with this endeavor I feel I can help Elfsea and Ansteorra.

  these were hard questions and fairly short answers call me or E-mail me if you need more info on any of them.

  Ameline