[Loch-Ruadh] Warlord loss

HRAFNASDOT at aol.com HRAFNASDOT at aol.com
Thu Jun 5 20:30:05 PDT 2003

I don't know if any of ya'll know HL Suzanna the Herbalist and Cairenn, but they merchant alot at events and are from Lindenwood.  They were one of the merchants who lost heavily at the Warlord flood - both lost their ez-ups and Cairenn lost her tent, plus they lost the usual sales for Sunday, which is their best sale time.  This really sets them back some $$.  But fortunately they are safe.  We've been lucky that it's been only material loss in the crisis' we've had around here.

Please keep them and the others who incurred loss in your thoughts. Many of the people who merchant are SCA, friends and old time players who have taken to merchanting as part of their participation.  Next time you browse, check thier insignia.  You'll find Lords, Ladies, Laurels and even a noble or two.  I'm not saying buy or support thier business differently - just realize the merchants are people very much like us - we have prime examples of that in our own canton.

And all those who had damage and damp - may sunshine fill the rest of your events, may there be shade when you need it and star filled nights to listen to bardic.

Asa
(who missed seeing alot of you guys at Warlord by being A&S obsessed again and had to leave before court)