[Loch-Ruadh] News from Gulf War

Armand Dragonetti dragonetti at generich.com
Tue Mar 18 11:05:44 PST 2003

Greetings Loch Ruadh!

Since he is way too modest to toot his own horn, and since I have yet to see
it mentioned, I think many of you will be pleased to hear that Ld. Connor na
Mara was victorious in the Heavy Tourney sponsored by the Damosels of
Astolat. (I believe this was a group of Ladies (perhaps Roses) from
Meridies, but I'm sure Connor can offer more details.) I missed the majority
of that tourney but did arrive in time to see the very final round (a best
two out of three, using different weapon styles) between Ld. Connor and SIR
Tristan of Meridies (I think that was his name, nevertheless, he was is a
knight of exceptional skill.) However, no one could doubt that Ld. Connor
was the best on that list field that day. Sir Tristan entered that final
round with but one loss from an earlier round. Which, coincidentally, had
been dealt to him by.......Ld. Connor na Mara. Defeating a member of the
Chivalry in two different rounds is certain confirmation that Loch Ruadh
hosts the Champion of the Damosels of Astolat! Vivat Ld. Connor!