[Loch-Ruadh] Medieval Warriors Laid to Rest Again.

Tim Cantley yukon505 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 28 22:00:00 PST 2003

Allow me to elaborate on this mention of the Black Watch...and for those
that are uninformed...these men are members of a special forces group in the
British army made of members of Scottish heritage.  While I was still in the
US Air Force (MANY years ago) this story was related to me by a fellow USAF
person who had been stationed at Alconbury AFB in England.  While he and
fellow USAF personel were spending a night drinking at a local pub, they
started being the subject of numerous derisive comments from the local
British patrons about being Americans and well...other comments.  Comments
were exchanged and a fight started to develop.  These Air Force guys were
outnubmbered by quite a few but of course our guys were going to stand up
for themselves but just as the fight was about to break out, four guys that
were sitting by themselves at a table in the corner of this pub stood up and
stated that anyone that had a problem with these US guys had a problem with
them.  From what was related to me, basically the pub cleared itself of
British civilians.  As you are all aware of, stories like this can get blown
out of proportion but as was related to me, what started as 6 USAF personnel
against about 30 British civilians ended up with these four guys facing down
the crowd.  No blows were exchanged and after the crowd cleared, these four
guys invited the Americans over to join them at their table.  It turned out
that these four gentlemen were members of the Scottish Black Watch.  As was
related to our guys, although Americans weren't always thought highly of in
the British Isles, there's nothing the Scots hate worse than Brits :)  Now
take this for what you want but now some of you may understand my affinity
towards the Scots.

Sean