[Loch-Ruadh] Award Recommendations for Lughnasad

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Wed May 28 20:52:29 PDT 2003

Yes, it's that time of year again, when we try to figure out who needs to be
hauled up in Court and embarassed in front of all their friends!

Seriously, awards are (or should be) given to those who deserve recognition
for all of their efforts that make this game that we play a little more real
and a lot more fun.  How do they get these awards?  Most of the awards are
given because someone (and usually more than one someone) has taken the time
to sit down and write an Award Recommendation.

Anyone can write one, for anyone that they feel deserves recognition.  If
you are not sure what the awards given out in Ansteorra are, exactly what
they are given for, or how to write a recommendation, fear not!  Help is
available!

Email me privately at padraig_ruad at irishbard.com and I will send you my
updated guidelines on Award Recommendations, complete with descriptions,
explanations and example recommendation letters.  Also, speak with some of
the folk in our Canton who have had some experience at writing
recommendations and know what catches the Crown's attention:  Baroness Dana,
Bice, Gwenllian, Polydore, and many others.

Remember, only you can ensure that those who deserve awards will get them.

In Service,
Padraig
Nunc est bibendum