[Loch-Ruadh] Cancellation of the Official fighter practice at the wake

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Thu May 8 20:22:50 PDT 2003

The fighter practice was not a problem, and I had (and have) no objection to
it being held at the Wake.

Some wires got crossed and Aingeal and I did not make it clear that fighter
practice and the Beerpit Tournament were to be two completely separate and
unrelated activities.  I apologize for the misunderstanding, and hope that
all chivalric fighters who wish to do so will come and fight a few practice
bouts... and then maybe later get hit with some much softer boffer weapons
in the  Beerpit.

Alas, I will have to beg off the heavy fighting, for a reason unrelated to
my timely death:  I have bursitis in my left shoulder, and shudder at the
thought of taking a blow anywhere on the shoulder or upper arm.  Once I heal
up, I promise to give you a chance to hit me - after I make some shoulder
armor, of course.  :-)

Padraig

Alaric wrote:
Greetings

To start with:
Padraig, I am sorry I didn't consult with you about calling a Fighter
Practice for the Wake.  I should have checked with you and asked if it woulf
be would be all right to hold a FP.

Therefore since I have caused a stir with the Berr Pit and FP.  There will
be no official Fighter Practice this Saturday at the Wake.  Any chivalric
fighting at the Wake will be strictly voluntary, unofficial and only if
someone wants to indulge.  I will be bringing my armor and hope to do a
little fighting in between bouts of helping set up for the Wake.

Alaric Morganygg
Knight Marshal