[Loch-Ruadh] Fall Arts Symposium Road Rally and Scavenger Hunt

HRAFNASDOT at aol.com HRAFNASDOT at aol.com
Sun Oct 26 13:37:04 PST 2003

It is not often that one is forced to adapt, dance and juggle all at the same time!  However, the Canton of Loch Ruadh has just made an event that could have been a Greek Tragedy into a successful Comedic Operetta, ala Gilbert and Sulivan, complete with a happy ending.

I wish to thank everyone who attended.  It turned into quite an adventure.  The prize for the Road Rally and Scavenger Hunt was the Fall Arts Symposium for those who successfully made it to the final site.

I wish to thank all who attempted to attend - you effort was greatly appreciated and you were sorely missed.  Our apologies for your work and time.  We hope you had a good journey and a beautiful day, wherever you ended spending your Saturday.  We ask your understanding and forgiveness - its not often an event sight goes up in smoke (literally) less than 18 hours before an event.

Thank you Baron and Baroness of Elfsea - you have taken the "Lord and Lady Loch Ruadh" to heart and looked after our canton.  Vivat to two individuals who opened their hearts and their business site to host an event at the spur of the moment.
They did so with a smile and open arms.  You have my eternal gratitude.

Thank you HL Philip White, who is known for excellence in all things concerning dance.  He proved that he could mentally tap dance and think on his feet.  I owe you many times over for stepping into the breach and being the UTA liason and wrangler right after your own huge event.  Although we could not use the sight, your had work and effort was truly exempliary.  You even taught classes for us.  Vivat!

Thank you Baroness Dana.  She came through once again, proving what an invaluable assest she is to the canton.  Thank you for your patience, cool head and stellar organizational skills. You were confident in us and made sure the canton and its members didn't get burned by the circumstances (bad pun). Being senechal and seeing the event autocrat enter the hospital less than 2 months before the event, change sites not twice but three times, have the event site close due to fire the night before AND running heard on an event that makes herding cats look easy - you deserve far more than I can say but thank you - I couldn't have done half of it without you!

Thank you Lady Caitrin for organizing lists and people, which constantly changed and then helping with the event and smiling all day.  You were a trooper - thank you.

Thank you to the Canton for believing in the event and assisting wherever needed - there are many hands who were quitely working both on site and behind the scenes.  Everyone pitched in and put out fires as they came up.  I have a hug and thanks for each and everyone of you.  Loch Ruadh really does rock!

Thank you Mistress Jehan for believing in the event, in the canton and in me.  You proved what a good Kingdom MoAS can do.  Your humor, style, patience and smiles can't be topped.  Thanks, boss!

And last but not the least, thanks to all the teachers.  These brave gentles adapted, maintained and taught with aplomb, dignity and style.  Thank you for your patience and for sharing your talents, skills and knowledge with us and those who attended.

I can honestly say my first try at autocrating was a trial by fire!  I am humbled by the work and effor of everyone - it takes my breath away <insert laugh here>.  Thank you and vivat!

In service to the Dream

HL Asa Hrafnasdottir of Loch Raudh
Central Regional MoAS and
Event autocrat for the FAS

And always remember, it takes a village to raise a child but it takes a viking to raze a village.