[Loch-Ruadh] Viking Workshop

Madelina de Lindesay janesitton at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 20 09:21:13 PDT 2003

They think I'm the weirdest of our bunch, and can't understand what I see in the S.C.A.  I must not be talking it up well enough, or I must not be a very persuasive person, because the most I've ever gotten them to do is go to Scarborough Faire.  Though I might have convinced one of them to come to the next garb workshop.  They aren't real interested in camping, potentially getting rained on, loading & unloading cars, setting up tents, pavillions, etc.  They figure why drive somewhere to drink and sing when they can do it from the comfort of their couch, and in addition, get to watch DVDs of hunky guys like Mel Gibson and Johnny Depp.  Plus, there's the swimming pool and hot tub factor with which to contend.  And not all sites have electricity for the blender, so the frozen margaritas would be out....

But I do like your answer!

Madelina