[Loch-Ruadh] Populace Meeting Notes

Neeve jerricovington at charter.net
Thu Apr 8 08:34:21 PDT 2004

So, are Azle and Springtown in Elfsea?
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: mama mac
  To: loch-ruadh at ansteorra.org
  Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2004 10:04 AM
  Subject: [Loch-Ruadh] Populace Meeting Notes

  Shire zip codes are as follows:
  76008,76082,76085,76086,76087,76088, 76108,76116,76121 and 76126.

  We discussed the formal presentation at Spring Faire to Crown and the Barony.
  Loch Ruadh will have a pot luck feast (info in another email) around 4 PM so we can get ready for the presentation in Court that evening.

  Spring Faire:
  Baroness Ameline's missive about largesse for the Artisan, King of Fools and titled Bard was read.
  Please donate an hour or so of your time as help is still needed in the following areas:
  Gate
  Marshaling
  Heralding
  Water Bearing
  Children's activities

  Invitation Scrolls from the Barony of Elfsea and the Barony of Stargate were passed around for the populace to see.

  Lughnasad:
  We need prizes!!
  Autocrats are following up with various coordinators.
  Feast-o-crats would like the feast budget check so they can start bargain shopping.
  Flyers are available for YOU to hand out if you are traveling. Contact Aingeal.

  Requests were read from:
  The Kingdom Minister of Children for supplies and help at Ansteorra's Argent Anniversary on Saturday of the event.

  Milissa Snow about a Viking Fest in Waco on April 16th -18th.

  Snorri is requesting groups to raise money for a fireworks display at Ansteorra's Argent Anniversary. (A hat was passed and we collected $61, a hat will be passed again at May's populace meeting). A fundraiser will be held at Steppes Warlord and he is asking for people to bring  whatever items they can for the cause - extra feast gear, garb from two winters ago, even the occasional mundane item - and to bring it with them to Warlord.  More information will be made available in the coming weeks as details are finalized.

  Gulf War Lands for Loch Ruadh:
  In order to camp on Loch Ruadh's traditional land you will need to have your pre-reservation in by Loch Ruadh's cut off date of Dec 15th, 2004.

  Officer Notes: (I did not get to write everything down and if I have missed something I feel sure the Officer's will correct or amend my notes!!!)

  MoA&S:
  Scribes and Illuminators will be held on May 10th at Lady Fiona's, we MIGHT have dance instructors at fighter practice on April 18th.
  The populace voted for Catrin to purchase 2 bolts of trigger fabric, one black and one red. Fiona and Dana can supply gold fabric.

  Archery Marshal:
  Practice had 8 people attend, 7 people shot arrows and 6 participated in a Royal Round.

  Rapier Marshal:
  We have loaner armor please come to fighter practice and try it out.

  Knight Marshal:
  Still in Farkansaw!! Words from his Lady....thanks Dunstan for stepping up and taking care of the fighter practice and armor workshop. Waivers were signed and were given to Fiona.

  Exchequer:
  We have $2707.85.
  Fund raisers were discussed for the purchase of a new pavilion. Dragonhawk(??) is donating one of their beautiful beds to be raffled off at Lughnasad. Tickets will be 1 for $2 or 3 for $5.
  Also gold pieces of fabric can be purchased for your to put your device or badge on that will be made into dags for our pavilions. I do not remember the cost on those.

  Hospitaler:
  Introduced 2 people attending our populace meeting for the first time, they will be attending Spring Faire.

  Herald:
  A (the name escapes me) meeting of heralds at Spring Faire. I believe he said 6 items for Loch Ruadh populace submissions will be discussed.

  Chronicler:
  Needs artwork and articles. Look for a soon to be published issue of Loch Ruadh at Gulf War XIII.

  Other business:
  A Celebration of Ages is being hosted by some old(er) men of Loch Ruadh. They are looking for a feast-o-crat for this EVENT to be held on May 14th -16th at Broken O (the Tor's site) The autocrat for this is Domhnall, please contact him for further information.

  Dana...
  The SHIRE of LOCH RUADH REALLY ROCKS!!!!