[Loch-Ruadh] Elfsea Springfaire - Thanks and Congratulations

ykt ktykt grainne_s at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 12 20:13:37 PDT 2004

I found the Springfaire site to be convenient and quite lovely.  I will be
glad to attend other events there in the future.  Perhaps some of the holes
near where Loch Ruadh camped could be filled in?  I am still limping from a
bruised heel.

Grainne inghean Seadna
Shire of Loch Ruadh

<dragonsfire-tor at ansteorra.org>; Loch-Ruadh List
<loch-ruadh at ansteorra.org>; Ansteorra List <ansteorra at ansteorra.org>
> Date: 04/12/2004 2:33:45 AM
> Subject: [Loch-Ruadh] Elfsea Springfaire - Thanks and Congratulations
>
> Unto all who come by these words do the Baron and Baroness of Elfsea send
> greetings,
>
> To Their Majesties, King Miguel & Queen Conal, and all who traveled to
> Elfsea Springfaire, we extend our sincerest gratitude for adding to the
fun
> shared by so many. We commend our autocrats, HL Medb Liath and Lady
> Elizabeth Pendarvis, for their dedication to this event and to all of
their
> event staff and the many selfless volunteers. You successfully delivered
> what we had hoped for; an intimate event where fun and comradery were
> paramount. We express our admiration and gratitude to Master Darius and
> Mistress Rosalia who saw to our needs from start to finish on a very
> ambitious day. You again showed us "what Peers do" with your service,
wisdom
> and counsel, as herald and entourage. Thank you!
>
> Congratulations to our newest titled champions:
>
> Elfsea Artisan: Lord Vincenzo Cellini
> Elfsea Bard: Master Robin of Gilwell
> Elfsea King of Fools: His Travesty, Lord William Worm II
>
> We appreciate all who participated in the day's competitions and those who
> helped with the difficult task of identifying our titled champions.
>
> Thanks to HL Asa Hrafnasdottir and many of Elfsea's past artisan
champions:
> Mistress Stella, HL Suzanna the Herbalist, Mistress Gwynaeth Angharad of
> Glamorgan and HL Juliana Vertue. This year's Springfaire bore witness to
> several new ideas, not least of which was a change in format for the
artisan
> competition. In place of a traditional body-of-work competition, we wanted
> to see what an emphasis on a limited number of pieces would bring.
Artisans
> entered up to three of their finest items, with one primary item. The
result
> was a most impressive array of exceedingly high quality works. The judging
> was thus all the more difficult.
>
> As representative, our outgoing Bard, Sir Keif av Keirsted who was
detained
> in a distant land, sent Lord Snorri Hallson who rendered superb assistance
> directing the bardic competition and providing invaluable counsel along
with
> Dona Antonia Bianca Santiago da Lagos. Again, something new was tried. An
> audition round was held in the gardens under the gazebo, where
performances
> of roughly 5 minutes or less were considered. This was followed by a final
> round of four competitors, delivering pieces amidst distractions, during
the
> evening feast. Lord Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain, Lady Michelle de Buseby,
Lord
> Grimulf Einarsson and Master Robin of Gilwell each delivered amazing
> performances.
>
> We give special thanks to the outgoing Elfsea Fool, Miscount Modius I, for
> setting the tone for a fun filled day. His sense of style and colorful
flair
> has scarred us, er, left us with unforgettable memories! The dancing girls
> were particularly appreciated, by His Excellency. The No-Count Crandal,
His
> Former Travesty Raimond, and (due to a short reign) Discount Seamus, along
> with His Travesty Worm II filled the day with smiles, a few surprises and
> some downright scary moments. Thank you to our stealth judges, Modius,
> Darius, Ryan, Caitlin and the rest of the children.
>
> Beyond our titled competitions, we extend our thanks to LADY Irina and
Lady
> Janie who we saw all over the place helping from the very start filling in
> at gate, helping with feast and more. Thank you to HL Caelin and Lord
Caius
> and their staff for the delicious sideboard lunch and superb evening
feast.
> Though Youth Combat saw limited numbers, it did not limit their chivalry
and
> honor. Robert and Dylan fought a best 2 out of three, displaying fierce
but
> controlled aggression, chivalrously yielding weapon advantages and dying
in
> style; as well, if not better, than many adult competitors. Well done, and
> thank you to Lord Daire, Lady Donnel and Lord Dohmnalll for organizing and
> marshalling the youth tournament. Elsewhere, Earl Drake emerged victorious
> in the Chivalric List. Don Modius claimed the Rapier list and Lord Jacques
> the Spink was deadliest in the Archery List. Congratulations! Thank you to
> the coordinators, Lord Daire, Lord Dirk and HL Fearghus. And, once again,
> the "List Babes"(tm) were awesome. Lady Gerita, Lady Genevieve and all the
> water bearers whose task was all the more challenging due to the
cloud-cover
> and chilly temperatures. Thank you Lady Eithne the Healer, for your
services
> as CIC, Lady LeNieve with the Children's activities, and all those who
> assisted with the morning egg hunt. Thank you Lady Sibri for coordinating
> prizes and Lady Innes for coordinating merchants.
>
> We offer a hearty VIVAT! to all who received well-deserved awards:
>
> Portcullis - Kerrick de Castelle
> Portcullis - Asa Hrafnasdottir (from August 2003)
> Sable Shield - Surge (premier)
> Sable Shield - Lord Gareth (premier)
> Award of Arms - Sabine du Curtier
> Award of Arms - Irina Moreskaia
> Sable Crane - Magdalea Mac an Ghabhann
> Sable Thistle (Weaving) - Ker Megan of Taransay
> Sable Thistle (Embroidery) - Maria Cabeca de Vaca
> Star of Merit - Medb Liath
> Iris of Merit - Desiree Dupre
>
> The Sable Shield is a new non-armigerous award from Their Majesties
honoring
> service beyond our Society. While I cannot relate the exact text or
> constitution, military service to our country in a time of war was cited.
>
> In the late afternoon court, the populace of the SHIRE of Loch Ruadh gave
> tribute to the Crown and Barony with an emotional stream of individual
> presentations. Loch Ruadh and it's populace holds a special place in our
> hearts and we have tremendous faith in their continued success and bright
> future. Though the Crown has released us from our stewardship of Loch
Ruadh,
> we know our friendship will endure. May you future be prosperous and your
> troubles few.
>
> In evening court, Their Majesties did express a desire to name Mistress
> Serena Lascelles to the Order of the Pelican. Mistress Serena did consent
> and confirmed Steppes Warlord as the date for her elevation. Vivat,
Mistress