[Loch-Ruadh] crash

Chris Harper bice.pietro at charter.net
Thu Aug 12 13:07:43 PDT 2004

At 11:29 AM 8/12/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>In case anyone has been watching the news today,
>An Arlington Fire Dept. Engine (Pumper) #13  was
>struck from behind by a suspected drunk driver,
>while the crew  was attending to a previous accident.
>I was not assigned to that particular truck, but I have, on occasion,
>spent a shift
>assigned to it.  My permanent assignment is currently  Station 7.
>We Always park our trucks between us and the oncoming traffic for just
>this eventuality,
>and it paid off in dividends last night.   No Fire Fighters, Police
>Officers or
>those involved in the first accident were injured by this secondary crash.
>
>Just wanted to let everyone know.
>
>Dunstan

Thanks for the info.  I am so glad you have learned to report in;  I was
not at home and had no access to a computer or I would have been asking.  I
am glad no one else was hurt either.  This is why I hate drunk drivers so
much; the people they hurt are usually, totally innocent.

You all keep being careful.

Bicé