[Loch-Ruadh] shoppin

Patrick Bixler pbwidget68 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 20 10:32:52 PST 2004

The new issue with SBC DSL is that they now provide
something called HomePortal 2-Wire service.  Basically
what they do is send you a DSL modem that has their
own firewall built into it.  I also believe you still
have to install software on your computer to get it to
run.

If you look on their shopping site, the 2-wire portals
cost $149-199 depending on what you want on them
(wireless, etc).  They still offer the Speedster modem
for $99.  The speedster modem is what works if you
have your own firewall/router.

So if you do SBC DSL, you need to be very Specific in
what you want.

Just ask Angela and Curtis.  I hear there was a lot of
swearing at the house because of that issue.  :-)

Eirikr