[Loch-Ruadh] What Jesus Would DO!

Coeurnoire at aol.com Coeurnoire at aol.com
Sun Feb 29 06:24:10 PST 2004

While I feel for both of you, I don't agree with this sentiment.  But I for
one am in favor of not continuously extended unemployment benefits over and
over again.  If you had told me what it is that you used to do, I would be happy
to keep an eye out for any opportunities that might fit your desires and
skills.  It is the governments responsibility to offer the "down-trodden" a helping
hand and from what you written, it has done that.  The government is not
responsible for continuing that "helping hand" with no conceivable end in sight.
Sounds harsh I know, but, many in this country believe we should become a
welfare state.  So far this has led to a significant portion of our society to
become welfare co-dependant.  I, for one, am not comfortable with the government
"redistributing" MY wealth.  If you seem to be "over-qualified" for the job
prospects you've for which you applied, apply for others!  If I want to
"redistribute" my wealth, I will gladly do so - through my church and missions and
other charitable organizations with the goals and methods I deem appropriate.
And I'm sure the writer has other resources, i.e.- church, friends, this
illustrious group, etc., through which to pursue their job hunting requirements.  I
for one would be happy to pass on any opportunities he might be interested in
if I only knew what his skills and experience are.  So if this comes across
harsh, but sometimes "tough-love" is what is called for.   Semper Fidelis