[Loch-Ruadh] What Jesus Would DO!

Spence Mabry smabry at flash.net
Sun Feb 29 15:52:33 PST 2004

Thanks, Bear.

My occupation for the last 15 years has been working and even
supervising people in a call center, as well as doing computer support
and coordinating computer upgrades at a hospital in Plano.  One of the
problems I have is that, though there seem to be jobs out there, they
aren't in those fields, or when I apply to the ones that are there, I
never hear back from them (and, yes, I do follow-up on all my
applications).

Also, when (in my case) your last year's salary meant you brought home
about $2500 per month and then you go on unemployment benefits and are
only bringing in less than half of that and house payments and COBRA
payments take 90% of it away, there's not much left.

I've even tried to get jobs at fast-food "no-brainer" places and been
turned down.  The last "real" interview I had, I was asked if I had any
questions.  I asked them, "What would keep you from hiring me?"  They
said, "Your last salary.  This job only pays $28,000."  (I was getting
$41,000 on my last job).  I told them I could live with that.  I just
needed a job.  I didn't get hired.

The main thrust of what I was saying is what Bear points out so
eloquently, but also on the same day I was told that there no extended
benefits for me (or anyone), I got 2 letters in the mail from Bush
asking for campaign contributions.  That was what really upset me and
led to the e-mail.

I apologize if I offended anyone, but the irony of it was a bit too
much.

Oh, BTW, Bush and Cheney also received copies of the e-mail as well.

Ceatta
(still looking as we speak...)