[Loch-Ruadh] Fw: Acts of Stupitity

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad3 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 07:00:43 PST 2004

As we all know, companies put seemingly stupid warnings on products because some idiot, somewhere, did something stupid and then wanted to sue the manufacturer for it.

Case in point:  a couple of years ago, one of Amber's coworkers came into work with a bright red burn mark on the area around her left collar bone.  When Amber asked what happened, the coworker said that just before she left for work that morning, she noticed that the collar of her blouse was wrinkled.  As she was in a hurry and didn't want to be late for work, she decided that instead of taking the blouse off and ironing the collar, she would put a towel underneath her blouse and press the collar while still wearing the garment.  Needless to say, the towel slipped...

So, though the warnings seems stupid, there are reasons for them.  (Though that one about not stopping a chainsaw with your genitals really makes me wonder just how stupid people are.)

Padraig

ilishna <ilishna1 at earthlink.net> wrote:

(snip)

On packaging for a Rowenta iron: "Do not iron clothes on body."
(but wouldn't this save me more time)?