[Loch-Ruadh] OT - good news

Donna Wallis mama_mac at airmail.net
Sat Jan 17 18:39:08 PST 2004

That is great news!! I know how much your music means to you. Tell Logan
I said "thanks" for helping to put the "bad" guys back where they
belong.

Dana
Loch Ruadh REALLY  ROCKS!!!

Madelina wrote:

I am very happy to report that Logan has brought about the return of the
CDs stolen from my car recently.  He has a habit of being neighborly,
and also one of keeping an eye out for "bad guys" in the neighborhood.
One could say the two habits are complementary.

Logan saw a neighbor lady walking down the sidewalk in the cold,
blustery weather, and offered her a ride.  She accepted, as she lives
next door, and knows Logan in passing.  Knowing she lives in the
apartment building next to us, he asked her if any "bad guys" had moved
in recently.  She said what a coincidence, one had!  In fact, it was her
brother-in-law, recently paroled for burglary.  She mentioned that he
was living with her and her husband, and saw her brother-in-law leave
last Saturday to go pawn a camera and two personal CD players that she
didn't know how he had acquired.  She was curious because she had also
seen a wicker lunch basket full of all kinds of CDs that she was sure
weren't his taste in music.  There was also a canvas bag with a logo -
"Loch Ruach Rocks" - full of CDs as well.  She was nervous about all
this, especially because while she was out the other evening, someone
called in an order to Domino's Pizza, and when the driver arrived, he
was robbed o!
f his money and $40 worth of pizzas in the parking lot, but no one from
her apartment ever called the store back, demanding to know when their
pizzas would arrive.  She put two and two together.

The police are at the woman's apartment now, and since it is her
apartment, she can let them in any room she pleases, as the
brother-in-law is only a guest, and not on the lease.  The wicker basket
also had the copy of the medieval music Padraig gave me two years ago or
so, and the fact that it is unique and the Loch Ruadh bag is relatively
unique will most likely put the "bad guy" back in prison.  Also netted
in the haul, Logan reports, is someone's movie camera, and various other
presumably stolen items.  The police are taking pictures of everything
Logan is identifying as ours, and will return our property to us
tonight!  Woo Hoo!

So for today at least, Logan is my hero.  I told him that I always heard
and believed that a body makes his own luck.  He replied that luck is
merely when preparation meets opportunity.  So next time you see Logan,
pat him on the back and tell him good job!

Regards, Madelina