[Loch-Ruadh] Name Pronounciation Help

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad3 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 26 07:02:17 PST 2004

Speaking as a former Herald...

"Hey you! Viking!" would probably be the most common pronunciation.

More seriously, however:

VAY-mun-der THOR-kell sveo-BAL-ki

based on the extensive research (15 to 20 minutes) I did on Norse names during my tenure as Loch Ruadh's Herald.

I know there are those in Loch Ruadh with much better understanding of Norse pronunciation than I posess, so please correct anything I got wrong.

Padraig

Cat <fem_cat at yahoo.com> wrote:
How would one SAY the following Norse/Viking name?

Vémundr Þorkell Sviðbalki (Duckie's chosen SCA name)

If someone could spell it phonetically for me and
email it to me I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Kat
fem_cat at yahoo.com