[Loch-Ruadh] After Moot Saga!! # 2

Chris Harper bice.pietro at charter.net
Tue Jan 27 02:21:22 PST 2004

At 02:48 AM 1/27/2004 -0600, you wrote:
>I just got home!! Bice's van's engine died at the hwy 199 exit on loop
>820. Sat on the side of 820 for 3 hours waiting for a wrecker!! No
>potties!!  No coffee!! Just sitting and waiting and waiting and waiting.
>Do NOT call the Fort Worth Police for a wrecker!!
>
>Dana
>Loch Ruadh REALLY  ROCKS!!!

It is now 3:48am and I just got home.  After I dropped Dana off, I went
back to meet the wrecker and pick up my Hubby at the dealership where they
were taking the van.  Guess what!!!   They were not there yet.........so I
waited a while then decided maybe they were around in front instead of at
the  service department.    When I drove around front, low and behold, they
were not there either.  Then I drove around the whole grounds which is
about 4 or 5 city blocks per side, back to where  I started from and they
still were not there.   I forgot to tell you that at one time during this
evening, while I was talking on my cell phone the battery pooped out and
was now DEAD.

At this point I am sitting there trying to figure out which way to go and
for what reason, when I see the security guard driving down the driveway
next to the building  I am parked in front of.  Thinking fast, I flashed my
lights at him, once, twice, thrice and finally in a flurry of flashes as he
drove on around the corner.  For a price  I can give you the name of a
dealership that has very lax security!  During the next few minutes I sat
there communing with the Gods, trying to find out which one I had offended
badly enough to deserve this treatment; after giving up and deciding it was
cruel and unusual punishment, I had started to back out and come
home.  Just as I did this the suck truck came up with my van and my
hubby.  With a lot of effort and jockeying of position, he finally got my
van unloaded, gave us a bill, refused credit card payment, wanted cash but
couldn't make change and settled for a personal check (without asking for
drivers license).  I took my hubby and fled for home. All the cats were
starved and the dogs eye teeth were floating but they survived.  Now I am
to awake to go to sleep and Spartacus will be over in 35
minutes.  Damn.  Oh yes, I will have to talk to the dealership early in the
am and tell them why my van is sitting on their doorstep.

Another fun night with Dana and Bicé in the van!

Bicé