[Loch-Ruadh] Re: Home Safe from AAA

Terry Sikes tdsikes at prodigy.net
Sun Jul 11 19:52:54 PDT 2004

'Zounds what an incredible weekend!

I just got home safe about 1/2 hour ago and unloaded the truck after stopping at Chantel's house for a shower, 2 hour nap, and a trip to the chinese buffet.  Glad to be back although I'm really tired and have blisters on my feet.  I rubbed all my sunburned spots with aloe-vera.

I don't know what drives me to stay out until 3 AM drinking and singing, but I got in two nights of it and now have to get a sound night of sleep before work tomorrow.  The fireworks were dazzling, as good as any I have seen.  The A&S was remarkable and I am still amazed that I won anything at all, let alone being recognized before King Drake.  This is the first time I have been called to the presence of the crown for anything except being a newbie.  The generosity of the largesse and prizes I received overwhelms me.

As usual, everyone was incredible and really made the event enjoyable!  Thank you all and I hope the kids weren't irritating.  It is my hope that by dragging them to some SCA events they can find some fine examples to follow and grow up as you all are, chivalrous, friendly, generous, and fun loving.

See you at the next event and thanks again,

Terence adte Syke

Clint Gallon <Clint at VisionFX.com> wrote:
Home, unloading and showering. Had a wonderful time.

Cathal, Kat, Duckie, Marcus, Robert, and Melody