[Loch-Ruadh] archery equipment

Madelina de Lindesay lymadelina at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 17 10:10:10 PDT 2004

I have two bows, one of which looks just like the wooden kind used in my college archery class back in the stone ages, and one is red, plastic I think.  Obviously not wooden.  I have no bowstrings, arrows, or other needed equipment.  I'll probably buy some arrows from Academy or Oshman's.  But I don't know if they carry bowstings.  The rest, I can probably make.  Does anyone have a pattern for making finger tabs and vambraces?  I have lots of leather of various types and colors.  Just don't have a clue as to where to start.  A quick web search did nothing more than convince me that I need more information before I even get started.  If I bring the bows to FP tomorrow, would someone in the know be willing to give me an honest appraisal as to whether or not the bows are even worth fooling with?

Many thanks,
Madelina