[Loch-Ruadh] thoughts on bardics

Sluggy! slugzpam at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 26 07:43:05 PDT 2004

tiggerthistle at netzero.net wrote:

>Is it my imagination or has bardic attendance dwindled over the past 6 months or so.  Seems that when Jock and I first joined that the bardics were pretty big in attendance.  What has happened??

Summer happened... :)

In my own extremely non-scientific observations, small local gatherings
like bardics and workshops tend to wane somewhat in the summer. I
suspect it would be due to more competetion from non-SCA activities in
the summer, or perhaps because it's often so bloody hot, even in the
evenings...

Sluggy!

--

"We have almost forgotten how strange it is that so
 huge and powerful and intelligent an animal as a

                                Peter Gray

"The horse. Here is nobility without conceit,
 friendship without envy, beauty without vanity.
 A willing servant, yet no slave."

                                Ronald Duncan