[Loch-Ruadh] Highland Games memories

Madelina de Lindesay lymadelina at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 4 19:11:59 PDT 2004

My favorite Highland Games memories:

Walking around, taking in the sights with a friend, we happened upon a couple of cowboys who were easy on the eyes, well built, wearing white tee shirts, boots, hats, and, of course, kilts!  My friend looked at me and says "I'd give you a fiver for a handful of change right now!"  "Why?" I ask.  The reply, "have you ever seen the movie 'Splash'?"

Several years ago (Brighid was maybe three.), Logan took the forge to the demo and wore his kilt.  The temperature got up to 104... and he had no shade over the forge.  In the middle of the day, someone asked Logan how hot the forge can get (as hot as about 3000 deg F... yes,  3 THOUSAND deg).  When the guy looked surprised, Logan said, "some would say I'm crazy for standing in the Texas heat, wearing 8 yards of wool, and operating a forge.  And some have told me to go to hell in the past.  Well, on a day like today, I might just.  It would be cooler."

Have a great time at the games.  Wish I could go, but I have to stay out of the sun just now.

Madelina