[Loch-Ruadh] Demo Update...

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.org
Tue Jun 8 09:16:45 PDT 2004

Catrin,

I've had to wait to the last minute to see how my job interview schedule
would go, but now it looks like I can be there.

Bardic, of course, is no problem.  I have plenty of materials and resources
(aside from my own talented self <grin>),

When you mention weaponry, are you talking about rattan or live steel?  I
can bring my SCA armor and weapons, and can also do a small live steel
display, if that would be allowed.  I know some children's organizations are
hesitant about live steel displays.  Let me know.

Padraig

Catrin wrote:

<snip>
Sorry to be posting again, but I've recently been notified that 3 of my
volunteers, responsible for 4 stations have had to cancel.
If anyone can fill in PLEASE contact me. I don't expect that we will be able
to present the classes that were originally intended, but I do have some
activities that can replace them. If anyone has experience with simple
weaving, finger-loop braiding, or draw-string pouch construction a have
instruction sheets and can try to come up with materials. We could also
present classes on weaponry, combat, bardic activities, or any fairly simple
activity that requires no open flame or electricity.