[Loch-Ruadh] Brighid hit by a car

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.org
Sun Jun 20 21:13:01 PDT 2004

Madelina,

My heart skipped a beat when I read the subject line of your email - I was
so glad to read that Brighid will be okay.  I never want bad things to
happen to anyone in Loch Ruadh, and that goes more than double for the
children of our group.  Thank God that she wasn't more seriously hurt.

Please let her know that Amber and I are praying for her quick recovery, and
that she will be up and about again as soon as possible.

From: "Jane Sitton" <janesitton at earthlink.net>
To: <beth.bridges at us.army.mil>; <ericsarts at sbcglobal.net>;
<baroukers at ev1.net>; <dwilban1 at comcast.net>; <lkeeton at sbcglobal.net>;
<loch-ruadh at ansteorra.org>; <robertbelt at msn.com>; <sanitymad at aol.com>;
<bkembrey at ev1.net>; <slswtx at swbell.net>
Sent: Sunday, June 20, 2004 7:35 PM
Subject: [Loch-Ruadh] Brighid hit by a car

> I'm writing this one note to all of you because I'll be out of touch for a
few days.

> Brighid (Logan) was hit by a car today.  She is recouperating at Cook's
Children's Hospital.  She had deep lacerations to her left wrist and elbow,
and her spleen was shattered.  So far, the doctor is advising that she
doesn't need surgery, and we are hoping that won't change.  She will
probably be in the hospital about a week.  She is having a lot of pain, and
will develop lots of ugly bruises I'm sure, but most striking is how she is
telling everyone she loves them.  She definitely thought she was going to
die, a hard thing to take for someone not quite 12.