[Loch-Ruadh] update on Brighid

Connie Nurmi cnurmi at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 25 09:31:06 PDT 2004

Tell her we are all hopeing for a speedy recovery with as little pain as possible.
she is very brave young lady,and were glad she'll be ok.
Send her a big hug from me.
Constance

ykt ktykt <grainne_s at earthlink.net> wrote:
It is so very wonderful to hear good news! May she heal quickly. She
remains in my prayers.

Grainne

me, and Brighid was very touched to know there are lots of people pulling
for her. She was scared, but I was absolutely petrified. I only THOUGHT I
had known fear before....

> Her condition is slowly improving. She had a total of 52 stitches put
in, and didn't even complain that it wasn't blackwork!

> She is still unable to keep even water down, but had an upper GI test
done today which showed no damage or blockage, so we're just waiting &
watching now.

> Her sense of humor has helped her through. Her uncle Egbert of Hastings
and aunt Gemma of Firth came by to see her, and told her she is not allowed
to fight without armor, especially armored dragons! She said she
definitely won't try fighting a dragon again unless she's on her own horse
with armored barding. (Though knowing Brighid, I have to wonder which sort
of barding she means?!?)

> And while I was at home to get a change of clothes and get a few hours of
uninterrupted sleep, I heard she had a special visitor. Brighid was most
impressed that the Baroness of Elfsea came by and brought her a lovely bag
full of buttons and even some handmade beads (not to mention cool gel
pens). (If the Baron came by as well, many thanks. I'm sure he is just as
pretty as the Baroness.)

> Brighid will be in the hospital another 2-4 days, depending upon how
quickly her insides heal. After that, she's on another week of bedrest at
home, and won't be able to even ride a bike for a month. During this time,
she's going to turn 12, so if anyone has any ideas for a sedentary birthday
for a kid, please let me know! The swimming and sailing ideas are out, but
I'd like this year to be very special. I am so grateful there's going to
be a 12th birthday. Her accident could have been so much worse.

> Once again, thank you to everyone who has visited, emailed, or called.
Your care and concern has meant the world to me and my family, especially
Brighid.