[Loch-Ruadh] update on Brighid

Simone U'Dunalingh simone at elfsea.net
Thu Jun 24 15:49:11 PDT 2004

Give her a big hug for me. we are Keeping her in our prayers.
I am gladto hear she is improving

Simone

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 13:32:40 -0500 (GMT-05:00), Madelina de Lindesay
<lymadelina at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Thanks to everyone for their prayers and well wishes.  It means a lot to
> me, and Brighid was very touched to know there are lots of people
> pulling for her.  She was scared, but I was absolutely petrified.  I
> only THOUGHT I had known fear before....
>
> Her condition is slowly improving.  She had a total of 52 stitches put
> in, and didn't even complain that it wasn't blackwork!
>
> She is still unable to keep even water down, but had an upper GI test
> done today which showed no damage or blockage, so we're just waiting &
> watching now.
>
> Her sense of humor has helped her through.  Her uncle Egbert of Hastings
> and aunt Gemma of Firth came by to see her, and told her she is not
> allowed to fight without armor, especially armored dragons!  She said
> she definitely won't try fighting a dragon again unless she's on her own
> horse with armored barding.  (Though knowing Brighid, I have to wonder
> which sort of barding she means?!?)
>
> And while I was at home to get a change of clothes and get a few hours
> of uninterrupted sleep, I heard she had a special visitor.  Brighid was
> most impressed that the Baroness of Elfsea came by and brought her a
> lovely bag full of buttons and even some handmade beads (not to mention
> cool gel pens).  (If the Baron came by as well, many thanks.  I'm sure
> he is just as pretty as the Baroness.)
>
> Brighid will be in the hospital another 2-4 days, depending upon how
> quickly her insides heal.  After that, she's on another week of bedrest
> at home, and won't be able to even ride a bike for a month.  During this
> time, she's going to turn 12, so if anyone has any ideas for a sedentary
> birthday for a kid, please let me know!  The swimming and sailing ideas
> are out, but I'd like this year to be very special.  I am so grateful
> there's going to be a 12th birthday.  Her accident could have been so
> much worse.
>
> Once again, thank you to everyone who has visited, emailed, or called.
> Your care and concern has meant the world to me and my family,
> especially Brighid.
>
> Madelina

When you focus on the Negitive that is all you see, when you forcus on the
positive the world changes--

To view story in progress go to http://Writing.Com/authors/kyiare