[Loch-Ruadh] Bice's Mom (Was: News from the Front????)

Ms Pict dftfeast at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 20 05:22:24 PST 2004

Hi,

My thoughts are with you. When my mom was hospitalized and wouldn't eat I
would bring her things to temp her but be ok for dietary needs. I would try
and find things I could leave. Kind of like a little stash for when I wasn't
there. She loved celery so I had a small kooler and put cleaned celery in a
small plastic tub and talked the nurses into keeping ice on it for her. It
worked. She would munch when no one was around.

She was in the nursing home for a long time. So I brought her cat. Of course
the cat could not go inside, however she could come outside and we took a
few trips to the car. It really brought up her spirits.

Hugs,
Janie