[Loch-Ruadh] Bardic

Madelina de Lindesay lymadelina at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 28 11:31:57 PST 2004

I was hoping to make bardic as well.  I am going into withdrawal pains and NEED a bardic.  But duty calls.  My college roommate lost her mother, who had been in the hospital since October.  So I rallied the troops (my best friend and my college suitemates), and we stayed up until almost 2 a.m. this morning cooking (and drinking margaritas afterward - had to have a wake of sorts, even if Linda was a Baptist.)  We did sing a little, as Linda was the niece of Earnest Tubb.  We cooked so much food, you'd think we were going to war.  I don't want to see mashed potatoes anytime soon.

On a side note, does anyone know if it's just a southern tradition, or does everybody take food to the bereaved?  If everyone does it, how long has this been a tradition?

Miss you all,
Madelina -- getting very tired of funerals here lately