[Loch-Ruadh] Populace Meeting Notes - November 3, 2004

mama mac mama_mac at airmail.net
Fri Nov 5 09:17:35 PST 2004

Populace Meeting Notes - November 3, 2004

Seneschal topics:
-Lughnasad 2005 bids will close at Nov Officer's meeting. One bid has been
received from Lady Kat & Lady Aingeal.
-Calendar request for Lughnasad 2006 has been submitted.

-Open Offices are in the Shire are Exchequer, Knight Marshal & Rapier
Marshal. Applications for these offices will close at Nov Officers Meeting.
I have received 1 bid for each office.

-NYP has fixed their A/C. The Populace was polled and the vote was to stay
at IHOP

- Padraig spoke about the duties of the Chronicler. If you are interested in
holding this office please contact Padraig.
-Next months office in the spotlight will be the Archery Marshal.

-Gulf War - If you want camp in the Loch Ruadh land at Gulf War in 2005 you
need to pre register by Dec. 15th.   Online registration opened on November
1st.

- Dragonsfire Tor's Yule Revel, Saturday Dec 4th Feast is prepaid only, $10
for adults, $5 for children's feast. Site fee is $8 adults, ages 5-17 is $4,
Family Max $24 site only.  Tables are round and seat 8.

-Officer's Meeting Nov 17th @ Dana's. Bids for open offices will close and
Lughnasad Autocrats will be selected.
-
Kingdom Calendar:
- Nov. 12-13 3 Kings, Rosenfeld (Tyler, TX)
- Nov. 18-21 Autumn Melees Bordermarch (Beaumont, TX)
- Dec. 4 Dragonsfire Tor's Yule Revel

Yule Gift suggestion... Money is tight this year for many in the group so it
has been suggested that we not gift each other this Yule Season. If you want
to do something. Gift your Shire!!
Look for suggestions from the officers, past autocrats and the populace on
the mailing list.

OFFICER REPORTS:
Herald: -Pictures of a Non armigious Service Award were presented. This
information will be on a web page soon. Look for info on the mailing list.
We will soon be voting on them and the most popular one will be submitted to
the College of Heralds.

Minister of Arts & Sciences:
-Saturday, Nov 6 Period Pigment Class presented by Mistress Stella @ Alric &
Fiona's 10AM
-Saturday, Nov 27th Bardic @ Kat & Cathal's, 7:30PM, potluck - no turkey or
jello stuff

Archery:
-Saturday, Nov 6th Arrow making Class @ Gruffydd's (Vivian's Dad), 7 PM
-Sunday, Nov 7th & 21st Archery Practice @ Dutch Branch Park1:00 PM

Knight Marshal: -Open-1 bid received.
-Central Region FP on Nov 7th @ Mary's Head Park (Combat Archers wanted)
-Saturday Nov 20th Armor Workshop @ Polydore's 12 noon
-Sunday, Nov 21st Fighter Practice @ Dutch Branch Park 10:30 AM
-Taking orders for a rattan bulk shipment, $19 a stave

Rapier Marshal: -Open-1 bid received.
-Sunday Nov 21st @ Dutch Branch Park 10:30 AM

Exchequer:  -Your 2004 budget must be spent by Dec 15th 2004.
-Reviewed the 2005 Budget with populace. Budget was voted on and approved.

Hospitaler: -Introduced new comers.

Chronicler: -I found a web site that costs $20 per year and have moved our
web page because the free web site phoenixrising was down for a month. It is
finally back up and possible uses for this site are an event web site and
maybe a picture album. Other suggestions will be discussed at Nov. officer's
meeting.
-Subscription forms are available for your 2005 Scarlet Letter, contact the
Chronicler for details.

Other business:
-Shire Pavilion funds to date are $667 we need about $2000 before we
purchase. This amount includes poles, stakes and ropes.
-Innes talked about Middle Eastern Dance practices that are on the Elfsea
calendar.

Meeting closed.