[Loch-Ruadh] Grammer Police (was: regional Fighter practice)

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Thu Nov 4 12:24:13 PST 2004

My pet peeve is dropping the "ly" ending on adverbs. That is, using adjectives for adverbs. Related to that is good versus well.

My mother collected one of the worst from a rural Texas high school principal who had been the local coach. It was on the loudspeaker on Monday morning after a football game the previous Friday.

"You football boys done real good!" - translated "The football team did really well."

Oh, well. This comes of having a mother who taught grammar for years.

Capelin