[Loch-Ruadh] Populace Meeting Notes

mama_mac at airmail.net mama_mac at airmail.net
Thu Oct 7 16:44:01 PDT 2004

Seneschal:
-Bids for Lughnasad 2005 are open and will close November 17th at
Officer’s meeting. One bid has been received from Lady Katherine and Lady
Aingeal.
-Offices open for application are: Exchequer, Knight Marshal and Rapier
Marshal and will also close November 17th at Officer’s meeting.
-If you want to camp with Loch Ruadh at Gulf War 2005 then you must be pre
registered by Dec 15th, 2004. I have received no information on our Gulf
War land after sending multiple emails to Sir Godwin starting in May. I
talked with Honour at Elfsea Moot and she is checking into the matter for
me. I will pass on any information as soon as it is received.
-Officer’s meeting is October 20th at my house starting at 7:30 PM
-Lord Domhnall talked about the responsibilities of the Heralds Office.

Officer Reports:
A&S:
-Scribes and Heraldry Research, October 11th at Fiona & Alric’s
-Bardic, October 23rd at Aingeal & Caerell’s, 8 PM
-Mistress Stella’s Period Pigment Class, November 6th at Fiona & Alric’s

Archery Marshal:
-Practice, October 17th at Dutch Branch Park, 1 PM
-Budget discussion of archery needs
-Planning arrow making 101 class in November

Knight Marshal:
-Practice, October 17th at Dutch Branch Park, 10:30 AM
-Explained new combat authorization as per the Earl Marshal, Duke Patrick
Michael
-Received one bid for the office
-Armor Workshop, November 20th at Polydore’s, noonish

Rapier Marshal:
-Practice, October 17th at Dutch Branch Park, 10:30 AM
-New combat authorization does not affect Rapier at this time.
-Plans to spend this year’s budget on equipment at KWAR
-Received one bid for the office

Exchequer:
-Budgets were due at Populace meeting.
-3rd Quarter report is done.

Hospitaler:
-Introduced 3 new people.
-Requested donations of garb and feast gear.

Chronicler:
-Problems with the Post Office
if your Scarlet letter arrives late and/or
damaged please let me know.
-Lady Katherine is the Web page calendar deputy.
-Each deputy to the Chronicler will be asked to produce one issue of the
Scarlet Letter in 2005 if interested in applying for the office.
-There will be a meeting for the officers to discuss their wants and needs
of the Loch Ruadh web page. This meeting will be held October 13th at
Aingeal & Caerell’s, 8 PM

Herald:
-Alric’s name has been passed on to Laurel.
-The heraldic library will be available at Scribes and Heraldry Research,
October 11th at Fiona & Alric’s

Other business:
-Will try to find out information on Dragonfire Tor’s Yule Revel
-Yule Gifts
this year has been very hard on a large number of our members.
I (Dana) am “suggesting” that we not exchange Yule Gifts this year.
Instead, spend that money on your personal family, save it for Gulf War or
donate it to a worthy cause of your choice. We can exchange hugs and share
our baked goodies!!

I think that’s all folks!!