[Loch-Ruadh] Loch Ruadh Fighter and Archery Practice

Baron Rozell r.baron at comcast.net
Sat Oct 16 13:15:07 PDT 2004

<!--
Oh, just a suggestion...new fighters who have never
tried fighting before and wanna use the loaner gear
please try to bring:

1. protective cup!! (just ask Robbie of the dented cup)

2. sturdy shoes (not sandals)

3. and?? suggestions from the fighters / Knight
Marshal on what else they might want to bring that
first time? Archery? Rapier?
-->

2. Shoes must be closed-toe shoes (aka no sandals) and should be able to get
some kind of traction. Even in armor, slipping and falling isn't a happy
feeling.

3. Beyond a cup, we've got all the protective gear you'll need in loaner
armor. However, I would suggest wearing a pair of sweats and a comfortable
shirt that you wouldn't mind getting dirty, sweaty, and torn. I can
guarantee the sweaty part, maybe the dirty part, and probably not torn but
sometimes it happens and it's better to be prepared for it.

Other than that, I would suggest to bring water or sports drinks and a
desire to have fun. :)

-Conor / Bear