[Loch-Ruadh] Gothic the good and the bad

Connie Nurmi cnurmi at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 7 18:57:38 PDT 2004

We all knew you would fit in like a glove on a cold morning,
Warm,friendly and greatly appreciated.
Constance

donmckinnon1 at netzero.net
<donmckinnon1 at netzero.net> wrote:

Greetings to all especially those who attended.

After only my second event, I have already found how lucky I am to have fallen in with this group.

There were some good things which happened at Gothic.

1. The little red haired girl.
2. All the wonderful people from Loch Ruadh.
3. Saw some good fighting both in heavy and light.
4. Robert the Deceptive winning his class in the one-on-one tournament
5. Semi-skinny dipping in Hords Creek Lake.
6. Singing and laughing until 4AM Sunday night.
7. Lost 5 pounds over the weekend.
8. and did I mention the little read haired girl.

Then there were the bad.

1. Never did get to meet the little red haired girl.
2. Mundanes all over the place - camp sites, list fields and merchants row.
3. No archery events.
4. Four showers for 500 people.
6. Made the Ruadh noises list.
7. Underwoods (but that was my own fault. Should have known better)
8. Could not get the Unicorn song( gestures and all) out of my mind all day, today.

Jock and Vivian are now going to Defender. I'm thinking about going alone. Don't know for sure yet. I here there will be a good archery contest.

Thanks to one and all from House Mac and Broken Ax for the good company.

Gruffydd Mawr