[Loch-Ruadh] Bug bites (or why i'd like to throttle a school nurse)

mordikar mordikar at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 8 11:09:40 PDT 2004

Greetings all,

  While much fun was had at Gothic we seem to be having an issue with
Darian's school. Sorry i need to vent. Yesturday they called to tell us he
has bites all over his face and he has one bite on the back of his leg that
they think is a serious spider bite. (that serious spider bite ... was a
mosquito bite that he had scratched into a sore and then gotten dirt in it)
This is the same woman that sent him home last year with pink eye that was
really a scratch on the corner of his eyelid that he kept rubbing till he
turned his eyes red.

Today i get a call saying they are sending him home as the bumps on his face
are spreading and he now has bumps on the left side as well as the right.
After checking him out myself there are no new bumps on his face he's just
been scratching them making them into sores. So i have now demanded all his
assignments for the next two days and he's not going to school, becuase i
can't justify a dr's visit for bug bites. He's not sick, he's not infections
and they AREN'T spreading.

The nurse says "well we can't diagnose him by just looking at him he needs
to either see a doctor or he can come back when he's cleared up."

my thoughts ...  Hrmm .. you're a school nurse who not only can't diagnose
anything right, but admit you can't diagnose anything ... and my tax dollars
are paying your salary why???

Dear god, what is the school system comming to these days? i went to school
with mosquito and chiggar bites all the time, i never got sent home.

wonder if i can get some sca fighters to come beat some sense into this
woman...