[Loch-Ruadh] devices

Padraig Ruad O Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.org
Fri Sep 10 11:12:50 PDT 2004

> > Okay, check me on this, Dohmnall.
> >
> > Kylan:  Gules, between three crosses argent a lion's head argent
>
> I think the lion's head should be described either as erased or
couped, but
> I couldn't find any conflict under any of the three blazons, not that
means
> anything, after all I'm still learning how to conflict check devices.

If the lion's head needs an additional descriptor, I think it would
probably be couped, as erased means that it is essentially a
silohuette, and Kylan's artwork showed detail in the lion's features.

> > Gianetta:  Azure, on a chevron argent a Maltese cross azure, in
base a
> > unicorn rampant azure
>
> Same here, no conflicts found right now. I'll try to do some better
digging
> this weekend on both of them.
>
> > Not sure if the Maltese cross on the chevron will work - I seem to
> > remember a rule against a charge-on-charge situation.  Everything
else
> > seems kosher.  I haven't had a chance to conflict-check them - can
you
> > do that, Dohmnall?
>
> The only rule I've found so far calls for charges on a charge to be
blazoned
> after the charge on which they lie. But I remember seeing something
about
> certain charges. I'll try to find that as well
>
> Domhnall

I know that there are some charges that it works for, and others that
it does not, but I can't remember the rule off-hand, and don't even
remember where I read it.  For that matter, I may just be imagining
it.  Sometimes reality seems very malleable.  :-)