[Loch-Ruadh] devices

Kylan Ulfgierrson kylan__ at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 12 14:08:25 PDT 2004

Well my last name is english and my persona is viking. To my knowledge it is
not major recognized device in the present or past day mundane world. I'm
not overly worried about it, I'm not set on one thing or the other, however
it is good to know these things...

Ld Kylan Ulfgierrson
In service to the dream...

----Original Message Follows----
Ok,
In the SCA we play at being actual people. The rules are you cannot portray
a person that exists in the mundane world.

That being said:
What country is Armitage registered in?
Are you a citizen of that country?
If NO is the answer than you are not entitled to that arms.
Notice the word entitled. Granted a title in that country and registered by
that country's College.

Third point:
Unless this Armitage is a major recognized device in the present or past
days mundane world, the SCA College will not care, or check to see if it
exists. There are just too many duplications. See the references I gave on
the large number of rolls of arms. I can find duplication even in individual
countries.
If you wish to use the mundane arms of Armitage and the SCA College lets it
fly then you can use it. However, you will be the one who knows you are
cheating. And the SCA does have a strong basis on personal honour.

Enough said??

Crandall