[Loch-Ruadh] Curious??

Irina Radokovaia irina_radokovaia at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 26 12:39:41 PDT 2004

Well, after a very eventful weekend, the three of us girls are home, how
Gerard fares, at this point I don't know, he left at the same time but had
farther to go.

Details??

That I can do!

As few of you might have known, Friday was Gerards' 21st birthday.  Our
small entourage made our way around those willing to party and stayed up
fairly late, we were almost the last ones to leave the party!

Saturday was a day full of events for every person!  The shell shaped field
sported three rapier fields and three chivalric fields, of which 20+ rapier
fighters fought and 30+ chivalric fighters fought.  To add to the
excitement, Greg and Ryan both competed, and the lady of the family was also
present!  (her name escapes me, my appologies!!  @_@ )  Of these six fields,
Gerard heralded three rounds of rapier, and I heralded two rounds of
chivalric fighting.

Ryan won the youth rapier tourney!  And a big thank you to him since I was
the only ground crew for the equestrian championship and needed duct tape
and Ryan was the first person to help me!!

No, I did not get to ride equestrian, my authorization card grew legs, but a
wonderful gentle by the name of Fergus Kahn did a fantastic course and is
the first Elfsea Equestrian Champion.

The winners of the chivalric and rapiers lists have left my mind, but it is
interesting to note that the winner of both the live/thrown (?) weapons and
the archery champion was a newcomer!  At his second event!!!

Because of duties I did not get to see the A&S displays, but I was told the
turnout went well.

And now for court . . .

Many of you have heard already, but it seems that my reaction is the newest
and greatest got'cha.  To say I was floored, unexpectant, and emotionally
charged was a little off.  People came up to me all night and asked if I was
okay; it took me about 45 minuts to stop crying, and I would start up if
anyone mentioned it!  I really wished that many of you could have been
there, I'm sure you would have gotten many great laughes out of the Me
Specticle.

Other awards: the Star of Merit was given to the current Elfsea A&S minister
and her husband, Armond and Amaline, and Rixande and Tomas.  There are two
to be raised to the order of the Laurel at Stepps 12th Night, one of whom
was Phillip White, who recieved the honor in his period style underwear.
Yes, his underwear.  And next was the announceing of three to be raised to
the order of the Pelican, two of which will also take place at Stepps 12th
Night, and Mistress Stellas at some future date.  There are more awards, but
those were the hilights.

So you would think that by the time that all of this has happened it would
be done and time to party right?  Oh No!!!!!!!!

Our very own Baby Bard did a fantastic job in the Bardic competition put on
by Wiley and judged by His Grace Miguel and Lady Collene (sp?) of Falcon
Rose.  I am told his first number, the song he sang for the Baroness at
Lugnasad, was amazing, and just as much his telling of Tiggys' To Be A
Warlord poem.  So I can now proudly say that Gerard Seymoure is the winner
of Elfsea Defenders bardic competition!

And yes, this is the abreviated version!  There are many stories we can tell
of late nights, heroic fighters, and the wonders of our countrymen, but
alas, I'M TIRED!!!

In service to the Dream,
Boyarina (lady) Irina Radokovaia
--on behalf of those in attendance