[Loch-Ruadh] devices

Padraig Ruad O Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.org
Fri Sep 10 16:04:14 PDT 2004

If it is an actual coat of arms for the family name Armitage, then it
is registered to someone by the real-world College of Heralds.  I think
that if you were that someone, you would know it.

There are a lot of places that will send you "your family's actual coat
of arms" for a fee - while neglecting to tell you that the arms belong
to a specific person with your family name.  Most of the time this
doesn't matter, as there are very few mundane situations in which any
question of actual ownership of the arms is going to come up.

Padraig