[Loch-Ruadh] devices

Crandall crandall at elfsea.net
Sat Sep 11 13:24:39 PDT 2004

Ok,
In the SCA we play at being actual people. The rules are you cannot portray a person that exists in the mundane world.

That being said:
What country is Armitage registered in?
Are you a citizen of that country?
If NO is the answer than you are not entitled to that arms.
Notice the word entitled. Granted a title in that country and registered by that country's College.

Third point:
Unless this Armitage is a major recognized device in the present or past days mundane world, the SCA College will not care, or check to see if it exists. There are just too many duplications. See the references I gave on the large number of rolls of arms. I can find duplication even in individual countries.
If you wish to use the mundane arms of Armitage and the SCA College lets it fly then you can use it. However, you will be the one who knows you are cheating. And the SCA does have a strong basis on personal honour.

Enough said??

Crandall