[Loch-Ruadh] Stent club

Dana sca004 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 11 05:14:27 PDT 2005

I am so glad everything has turned out ok. If there is anything you need
just give us a call.

They say things come in 3's and we've had our three so can I declare the
Loch Ruadh Stent Club Membership CLOSED?

Dana

Dunstan wrote:

Well,  Laura decided that she didn't want to be outdone and had to be in
the same club as Cearell and Dana.

On Saturday morning, I was out doing yard work when Lauren came out
screaming that Laura couldn't breathe and that she
had called 911.  I immediately ran inside to find her on the couch, very
short of breath.  I stayed with her till the fire crew and amb
arrived.   They found an abnormal arrhythmia on the heart monitor and we
loaded her up on the stretcher.   Out in the amb, they started
and IV and gave her some meds and took her to Hugley with the lights and
siren on.   She got in and the ER Doctor examined her and
found she was very sick.  Her pulse rate was very low and her blood
pressure had bottomed out.   With meds, they got her pulse rate back
up around 60 and her blood pressure up a little but still very much
below normal.   The Cardiologist came in and took her up
to do her angiogram.  He found two blockages and she had another heart
attack during the procedure.  He put in two stents in
vessels located on the left side of the heart.   That area contains the
conductive part of the heart and with the blood flow restored, her rate and
pressure came up to normal values.   Her indigestion and back ache went
away when the stents went in.. imagine that!?!   :)

She is in ICU at Hugley but visitation is very limited and strictly
enforced to even numbered hours    6, 8, 10, etc up till 8 at nite for
15 minutes
at a stretch.   She has no phone in the ICU room but if they put her in
another room with a phone, I will post that, tho I hope
she will be coming home soon, Monday or Tuesday.

I apologize for the lateness of this post, but it has been a long two
days.   Will keep everyone posted tomorrow sometime.

Dunstan