[Loch-Ruadh] helm

Kaz kaz.od.wolin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 13:44:51 PDT 2005

I haven't seen anyone with one of those in Ansteorra, I think mainly
because of the heat factor of a closed-face helm. I would consider
several things before buying it.
1. Does the thickness of the steel meet the minimum gauge requirement?
Many helms sold these days, especially reproductions are only 18
gauge.
2. Can you get a drink easily without removing it. Sometimes holds are
called and there is not enough time to remove a helm and get it back
on beefore the action starts up again.
3. Heat. Closed helms can get very hot without the air flowing
through. Also, your fellow warriors will have a hard time seeing if
you are getting overheated, something we all keep an eye out for.
4. Will the helm fit you after you add the padding? The interior size
will change as it is padded.

Just my four cents.