[Loch-Ruadh] helm

Pádraig Ruad Ó Maolagáin padraig_ruad at irishbard.org
Mon Aug 1 11:51:05 PDT 2005

I know a couple of people who have used helms with this kind of face, and
they have mentioned that the vision is limited and perhaps more
importantly, the air flow is poor.  As open-faced as my helm is, before I
opened up the bottom of the face a bit more, I always felt like I was
having a hard time getting enough air.  As far as I'm concerned, all the
air flow you can get into your helm isn't too much.  As for glasses, I've
seen some fighters using the racquetball-style strap-on sports glasses
under helms, and that seems to work fairly well for them.

Padraig